Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Leaving Tomorrow

Well - 
It's been a while since our last update.  We've had multiple power outages.  So now I'm finally able to send out an update.  

Today the orphanage did a farewell ceremony for all the kids who were being adopted.  It was great.  They gave each of the kids a traditional Ethiopian outfit for them to take home.  Kiera has a little white dress with an Ethiopian pattern weaved into the material in the front.  When they finished dressing her in her new ensemble, the nannies said she looked like an Ethiopian Patriot. They had us cut the cake as a family and Joel led a prayer (of course). Kiera got to try her first cake (Sister Martha insisted that we have our own pieces of cake, because the first one brought out was for Kiera (she seemed to enjoy the frosting for a little while).
 
 
Tomorrow at midnight we will be leaving Ethiopia (4:00pm Wausau time). So when you are all leaving work, we will be on our way home.
 
 
 
 
Love you all and see you soon!
Joel, Mandy and Kiera

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dress! How special. Prayers for safe travels and a peaceful sleeping baby on the plane ride. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you all and cannot wait to hug and hold her and I cannot wait to hug you too!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, You look just beautifully happy! Enjoy these moments, ponder and treasure. We love you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joel, Mandy, and Kiera-
    Wishing you all the best for a safe trip home. I am so excited for you guys. She is absolutely beautiful!!
    Love and Prayers,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! We rejoice with you and your new family! Blessings on this amazing journey of parenthood through adoption!
    We pray you are home safely. . . sometime today!
    Dave, Kris, Rebeka, Tigist and Abush Ficken

    ReplyDelete

Selam (Hello)

Here we record our adoption journey ... 7728 miles to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Finding our Family!

Finding our Family!
Click here for pictures of our family